Osteoporosis and vitamin D insufficiency are treated by using Osteofol-D3 soft gelatin capsules. It promotes calcium absorption in the body. Calcium is necessary for keeping bones strong and healthy. When your diet is insufficient, it is used.
A fat-soluble vitamin called vitamin D (also known as cholecalciferol 6000 IU) aids in the body’s absorption of calcium and phosphorus. For the purpose of creating and maintaining strong bones, the proper amounts of vitamin D must be consumed. Bone problems can be treated and prevented using vitamin D. (such as rickets, osteomalacia). The body produces vitamin D when skin is exposed to sunshine. Age, dark skin, protective clothes, sunscreen, and limited sun exposure can all impede people from absorbing adequate vitamin D from the sun. Vitamin D and calcium are used to cure or prevent bone loss (osteoporosis). Additionally, vitamin D is used with other drugs to treat low calcium or phosphate levels brought on by specific illnesses (such as hypoparathyroidism, pseudohypoparathyroidism, familial hypophosphatemia).
Uses of Osteofol-D3 Soft Gelatin Caps
- It controls how calcium and phosphorus are absorbed and used by the body.
- Plays a vital role in the mineralization of bone and the development of healthy bones and teeth.
- Increases immunological function.
- Protection against bone diseases.
- The optimal time to take this medicine is right after a meal, though it can be taken either way. Typically, it is taken with food. Follow all the instructions on the product package. Ask your doctor or pharmacist any questions you may have.
- Take the medication as instructed by your doctor if it has been prescribed to you. Your dosage is determined by your age, nutrition, medical history, level of sun exposure, and reaction to treatment.
- To receive the maximum benefit from this medication and to avoid major side effects, it is crucial that you adhere to any particular dietary recommendations made by your doctor (such as a diet rich in calcium). Take just the vitamins and supplements that your doctor has prescribed.
- Inform your doctor or pharmacist before taking vitamin D if you have any reactions to it, other vitamin D supplements (such calcitriol), or other substances. Inactive components in this product, such peanut or soy, have the potential to trigger allergic reactions or other issues. To learn more, speak with your pharmacist.
- Inform your doctor or pharmacist about your medical history before using this drug, particularly of: kidneys disease, liver disease, malabsorption syndrome, high levels of calcium or vitamin D (hypercalcemia/hypervitaminosis D), and trouble absorbing nutrients from food (malabsorption syndrome).
- Additional dietary recommendations of vitamin D during pregnancy should only be taken when absolutely necessary. Describe the advantages and disadvantages to your doctor.
Side Effects of Osteofol-D3 Soft Gelatin Caps
- Taking this medication on a normal dose does not have any side effects. If you feel any odd or unusual effect consult your doctor immediately.
- Too much consumption of this medication may cause high levels of calcium. Get in touch with your doctor if you feel nausea, vomiting, constipation, loss of appetite, increased thirst, increased urination, mental/mood changes and unusual tiredness.
- It is uncommon for this medicine to cause a severe allergic reaction. However, seek medical attention immediately if you notice any of the following symptoms of a severe allergic reaction: rash, itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat), severe dizziness, or difficulty breathing.
Frequently Asked Question
Can we take osteofol-D3 soft gel capsules before meals?
It is advisable to take this medication after a meal. It will provide more benefits if you take this medicine after a meal.
How Osteofol-D3 Soft gel capsule works?
This Soft Gelatin Capsule is a vitamin D supplement. It increases vitamin D levels in the blood. This helps you absorb more calcium from food, which raises calcium levels in your blood.